Travelling, however fun it may bring, can take its toll. So to avoid backaches and the hassle of travel bag weight allowed by the airport, pack light. It is hard work, but in the end, it will all be worth it. You will also need enough room to fit in new purchases anyway.
Here are some useful tips to pack light!
- Bring just one pair of jeans. They can be worn more than one time without anyone noticing. Convertible zip-off pants are great, too.
- If you will be going to a warm place, then pack shorts instead of jeans to save room.
- A pair of shoes is good enough. You will have another pair on your feet. That way you will have two. You can make a lot of combination for outfits already. Just make sure they are of very different designs.
- Do not bring just-in-case-clothes. Bring a bit of detergent with you instead. Then you can wash your clothes in the sink and hang it to dry the next day. However, 100% cotton clothes take a very long time to dry, so don’t even think about it.
- If your skin can’t stand a few days of missing the complete steps of your daily skincare regimen, then bring and transfer them in little travel-size bottles instead. Once you have finished them up, you can just throw them and your pack gets a bit lighter.
- You don’t need to bring the whole make-up kit. Just carry the palette that could go with the outfits that you planned for the trip. Avoid liquid eyeliners and eye shadows to stay away from unexpected drawbacks.
- Stretchable tops are great for packing light. They could shrink down and stretch when you wear them.
- Wash-and-wear does not only apply to hair. Pack clothes that don’t have to undergo the hassle of ironing just to look good on you.
- To make use of all the available spaces, place travel chargers, plug converters and the like in your shoes or boots.
- Your perfume samplers from department stores come in handy instead of bringing the real deal.
- There are travel towels which are very light, absorbent, dry fast and consume a small space.
- A good idea is to make a list of what clothes to bring according to the days out-of-town. If you will be staying for just five days, what’s the use of bringing 20 kinds of shirts? Plan your outfits beforehand.